WKU Gunsmithing Seminar - Yearly in June
**Enrollment is handled through the NMLRA, not through Jim Kibler**
- Assembly and finishing of a 1760’s Colonial Kit Rifle by Jim Kibler - Taught by Ed Wenger
- Seminar Dates – Classes begin at 1:00 pm CST on Wednesday, June 3rd and end on Friday, June 12th at 1:00 pm, CST 2020. 3 day classes run Wednesday, June 3rd at 1:00 pm through Saturday, June 6th at 1:00 pm. 6 day classes begin on Sunday, June 7th at 8:00 am through June 12th.
- Picnics: Saturday, June 6th at 5:00 pm CST at the Leeper farm, and Wednesday, June 10th at 5:00 pm CST at the home of Hershel House. Picnic cost included in registration fees.
- Cost of all classes is $120 per day.
Early Registration for PREVIOUS ATTENDEES ONLY – contact Brenda Hooton at the NMLRA at 812-667-5131 (ext. 223) beginning October 9th, 2019 – no registrations will be accepted before then. Please decide on your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice of classes. Minimum deposit of ½ the class cost and Membership in the NMLRA. Brenda's email -
Official Registration – begins on October 30th, 2019 and runs through February 19th, 2020 on a first come first serve basis. A minimum deposit of ½ the total cost of the class or classes and membership in the NMLRA. Please select your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd or no other choice of classe(s). Contact Brenda Hooton at the NMLRA (812-667-5131 – ext. 223) with your selection(s). Brenda's email -
Full Payment – for all classes required by February 19th, 2020
Cancellation – on or before February 19th, 2020 will result in $150 being kept along with your membership fee to the NMLRA with the balance returned to the individual.
Cancellation after February 19th, 2020 – will result in KEEPING full payment for all 3 day classes, and $500 for both 6 and 9 day classes – there will be NO EXCEPTIONS since the instructional team has been confirmed.
Final Enrollment Notification – will be made to participants by March 25th, 2020 based upon enrollment date and class preferences (1st, 2nd, 3rd, or none). Notification will be by email or USPS if preferred – please advise at enrollment regarding USPS restriction.
- Negotiations for Group Lodging – is being made in Bowling Green at the Red Roof Inn “economy” (270-781-6550), and “enhanced lodging” at Western’s Hyatt Place (4 blocks from instruction with hotel transportation) 270-467-0001. Morgantown – House brothers – under discussion.
- Lodging updates – will be posted on the official seminar website at: nmlragunsmithingseminar.org and on the NMLRA Educational Web site.