54 Caliber Colonial American Longrifle Kit (2-3 Month Wait)
$995 total base cost of kit in Maple, Cherry, or Walnut (plus S&H) $175 of this $995 is split out and billed separately. Before your kit ships, we will send you an email with instructions for paying for your lock
$995 total Standard Maple, Walnut or Cherry. $820 plus $175 lock billed separately
$935 total if customer supplies own wood. $760 plus $175 lock billed separately
$1070 total if Fancy Maple. $895 plus $175 lock billed separately
$1195 total if Extra Fancy Maple. $1030 plus $175 lock billed separately
IN THE WHITE OPTION
This service is available as an add on to a kit gun order. This is $650 for Jim to assemble a kit gun that you purchase.
A gun provided "in the white" will be completely assembled and functional. The wood will need sanded and finished. The metal will also benefit from some cleanup. This is typically a little light filing on the rough spots followed by a little polishing with abrasive paper. The metal can be left in this condition or can be blued, browned, aged etc.
Your kit will arrive assembled, ready for you to customize and finish.
- Styling from the 1760’s -1770’s
- Representative of rifles produced in many of the colonies during this time period.
- Stock has a pull of about 13 5/8”and a drop of approximately 2 3/4” and cast off of approximately 3/16"
- Available in curly maple, walnut or cherry wood or provide your own stock (2 1/2" by 60" by 7" minimum blank size)
- Buttplate is approximately 2” in width and slightly over 5” in height.
- Brass mounted
- .50 and .54 caliber, 43.25” custom profiled Rice barrels. Breech 1.125” and waist approximately .800”. A very nice contoured barrel. Comes standard in square bottom rifling. Round bottom rifling available at additional charge. Smooth bore .54 caliber an option.
- Chambers Colonial Virginia lock
- Available with or without a sliding wood patchbox (no additional charge)
- Set up for a single trigger.
- Stock CNC machined for extremely close tolerances and fine surface finish
- All holes drilled in the stock.
- Minimal work required for part fitting.
- Barrel has all dovetails cut and is drilled and tapped for a White Lightning touch hole liner.
- Breech plug is fully machined and shaped.
- Comes with all parts necessary to complete the rifle
- Right hand only at this time.
- A very precise and well-designed kit with beautiful lines and styling.
- Trigger and plate
- Touch hole liner
- Trigger Guard
- Entry pipe
- Two forward ramrod pipes
- Nose cap
- Side plate
- Ramrod tip
- Front and rear sights
- Lock bolts
- Tang bolt
- Sliding wood box lid
- Box lid catch spring
- Pin stock
- Buttplate screws